cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between client 800 and other client

Former Member

Dear Gurus,

I have one more query one of my friend asked me is it possible to configure the client business process in client 800 in real time what makes the difference the client 800 from other client, i said 800 client is open client others are configured based on client bpp, but so we can configure the same process in 800 also so iam not confident in answering at that time, so looking for your input.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client 800 normally refer to IDES server. There is no hard rule that the client server numbering should be like this only.

In general Client will be named as

IDES is for training only.

Development Client - Sand Box (for testing) which is can eb used for configuration has well as data testing.

Golden Client - Which will have only configuration setting and No Data.

Quality Server - Pre-produciton server, which will carry the copy of Production Server.( configuraiton + data)

Production Server - This is live server in which we do all day to day transctions.

Note : All transportation request created in developement (ABAP - Work Bench) or Configuation done in Golden client will be move first to quality server, tested and then only it will be moved to production client.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

R.Janakiraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single server can have multiple clients. For Eg: in Development Client there will be 2 basic client, say Client 100 and Client 101. Client 100 for configuration setting and client 101 for Abap development. similarly, we can have even more client say client 200 as sandbox fot testing various scenario.

Hope the above give better idea on the concept of Client. This is different from the term Client, which we learn in training, which is termed as Company, which can have multiple company code assigned to it.

Regards

Rajesh Banka

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The client 800 is a training client called as IDES (International Demonstration and Education System) and it will contain data in the system to facilitate training and practice on this system. You can configure the clients' business process in this also. But, universally 800 is meant for IDES only.

Thanks,

Ravi