cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message in Automatic Retry Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From R3 production system one outbound proxy was sent to XI. When we looked into SXMB_MONI of R3 system the message was in "Automatic Retry Mode" for hours and nothing has happened since then.

Error in MONI: "Error during http receive: Error code: 110 Error text: HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED" .

We got the same error (HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED) when run SM59 in R3 and tested HTTP connection. The error from SM59, gone when we defined HTTP service in SMICM.

But the message is still in the same situation, nothing is happening. Can anyone plz throw some light, what could be the possible solution.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Well this is werid. Basically the automatic retry is controlled by the queue settings in SMQR, where you can specify in which interval you want the system to retry failed LUWs.

Try following things on R3:

1) find out the queue name. go to SXMB_MONI, place your cursor on the message in autom. retry mode, click the first icon with a magnifier "Details". Here you see the queue-ID, something like XBTS0009.

2) go to SMQR, deregister queue XBTS*, and then register it again

3) check SM12 to see whether anything locked there

4) go to SXMB_ADM, config integration engine, the destination name in the URL should be the same with the one in SM59

The error HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED should have nothing to do with the ICM on R3 system. What you are calling in the SM59(R3) is the ICM of XI, but not R3 himself.

Pls make sure that the port number is the ICM HTTP port on XI, target machine is XI, and the path prefix is /sap/xi/engine?type=entry. Also check the username and password you specified in the destination.

So basically you should first make the HTTP destination in SM59 up and running, then deal with the message stuck in autom. retry status.

Regards,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to focus that after this message (message in automatic retry mode) there were other same kind of messages which got processed successfully. I don't know what went wrong with this (except the error message as mentioned in my question).

> 2) go to SMQR, deregister queue XBTS*, and then register it again

Done, but no luck.

> 3) check SM12 to see whether anything locked there

Nothing is locked.

> 4) go to SXMB_ADM, config integration engine Application System, the destination name in the URL should be the same with the one in SM59

This is already there. and http destination name is exactly same as created in SM59.

>

> The error HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED should have nothing to do with the ICM on R3 system. What you are calling in the SM59(R3) is the ICM of XI, but not R3 himself.

>

But the RFC in R3 system contains the address of XI server, so when we were try to test it it was throwing the above mentioned error. And when we created the HTTP service in R3 then while testing the RFC there was no error.

> Pls make sure that the port number is the ICM HTTP port on XI, target machine is XI, and the path prefix is /sap/xi/engine?type=entry. Also check the username and password you specified in the destination.

>

Everything is correct here

> So basically you should first make the HTTP destination in SM59 up and running, then deal with the message stuck in autom. retry status.

It is up and running..

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok what I meant with point 4 is that you need to click on "config integration engine" in SXMB_ADM...

Alright anyway, pls try your luck again on report RSXMB_CHECK_MSG_QUEUE as mentioned in OSS Note 1085465.

Regards,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

Your error is weird

I faced automatic restart and its always due to errors in HTTP connection

I mostly faced ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED but not the once you got.

SAP Notes- 706563,906435,824554,783515,910649 were always helpful for me.

I think when its not working even with start and de registering to SMQR. Open SAP note on the same

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look this thread,

Regards,

Sreenivas

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After creation of http service, have you restarted XI server? If not, try that.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Unfortunately we couldn't restart the Production server by this time, but as per the functional team it will be possible to re-start it tomorrow. I hope then it will start working.

But, before this there was not HTTP configured and the interface was working fine, suddenly we faced this problem and by going through some threads we found to configure the HTTP service. I am not sure why this happend?? Do you have any idea?

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have restarted the server but no luck..

Can any one tell me how to process the messge which is in Automatic Retry Mode in MONI.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it could be stuck in SMQ2. Go there, double click on the queue, mark the LUW, and then go to menu "edit" -> "reset status".

Regards,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. There is no message stuck in the queue.

Regards,

Sarvesh