Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For customer returns we are doing the following processes:

All qty will be dismantled, after that if any materials are re usable then those materials are used for further production.

Some qty will become scrap, if I want to sell this scrap (produced from customer returns& after dismantling the same) what all are the settings required for this? How will I map this scenario?

Thanks & Regards,

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

Check some of these threads

[scrap sale |]

[Scrap concept? |]

[condition type used for scrap|]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank u for suggestions, I have gone through those threads but I did not find any solution for my issue.

Plz suggest me.

Reagrds,

Ramu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

In standard, there is no such provision to address scrap sales which were customer returns after dismantling. May be if you have invoiced originally with BOM exploded in billing document, then we could address this issue.

Once you do PGR for a customer returns, that material will have some sub components, the whole of which will be blocked for quality clearance. In this how the quality people will reject part components and clear part components. For quality people, either they have to reject fully (that is FERT) or accept the material.

May be at this stage, you can develop a zee tcode through which, the BOM should explode and from there, a suitable decision can be taken on those components

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi,

Thanks for ur replies.

After PGR the goods will moved to Quality. Quality person accepts the lot and gives the decisions for dismantling purpose. Production person will dismantles the materials as a scrap and re usable components. But, scrap components will be having Raw material code. The scrap materials will be transferred to SCRAP storage location. Then we want to sell these scrap materials u201Ccollectivelyu201D.

Can use the MB1B for material u2013 material movement? With movement type 309 (I have created a scrap material code. With this transaction I can transfer the scrap goods to scrap material code) is it correct? Or how I can sell them collectively?

Plz guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

Once the quality rejects the components and transferred to scrap storage location, you have to create a sale order (have a separate sale order type for scrap sales) with material code clearly differentiating from normal material code with the quantity whatever has been scrapped. The storage location in the sale order can be this scrap storage location. Then you can proceed as like normal sales process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can store all your scrap material in spreate storage location and create delivery form scrap location but make sure that that the SLoc should be separate form MRP which can be set in MRP view.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi n Dilip,

Thanx for ur replies.

My query is that if the scrap is about 2kg which is lying in scrap storage location after all the process, whenever they sell the scrap they will sell in bulk (ex.100kg) that means they can't sell every time for 2kgs. So how can I convert the 2kg scrap to bulk at the time of selling?

This scrap generated from dismantling process may be different materials (codes), with a different material code n different UOM.

Cud any one plz suggest me.

Thanx n Regards,

Ramu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

I think you have not gone through my above post fully. Had you gone through that, you would have noticed "you have to create a sale order (have a separate sale order type for scrap sales) with material code clearly differentiating from normal material code with the quantity whatever has been scrapped".

This means, before selling the scrap material, it has to be weighed and based on the weight only, you have to create a scrap sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramu,

If you want to do sales of scrap for your material, whenever u do scrapping. Do a material to material transfer of your finished/Rawmaterial to Scrap material code. Mvt Type 309

Pre requisites:

1) Base UOM should be same for both material codes.

2) Material to material transfer can be done from unrestricted to unrestricted storage location.

You can ask the user to complete his scrapping process by material to materil transfer every time. Otherwise once in a month you can do that activity. Later u can sell the receiving material as scrap.

Any further clarification let me know.

Award point if this answer helps..

Thx

Jason