cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA and Maintenance Certificate for Solution Manager system

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

EWA is configured for all our satellite systems and this works fine.

Also EWA is configured for the SolMan system itself, with the 'Refresh sessions' task instead of the 'Maintenance Package' one.

Now I read that the 'Maintenance Package' task is needed to install the Maintenance Certificate automatically in your system. So I replaced this task in my SolMan system, but it is always failing with the error ' > Source and target system may not be identical <SID>'. The RFC used is NONE.

Somebody any idea how this issue can be solved?

Thanks

Roel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> EWA is configured for all our satellite systems and this works fine.

> Also EWA is configured for the SolMan system itself, with the 'Refresh sessions' task instead of the 'Maintenance Package' one.

>

> Now I read that the 'Maintenance Package' task is needed to install the Maintenance Certificate automatically in your system. So I replaced this task in my SolMan system, but it is always failing with the error ' > Source and target system may not be identical <SID>'. The RFC used is NONE.

>

> Somebody any idea how this issue can be solved?

Hi Roel,

With ST-PI 2005_1_700 SP06, task "Maintenance Package" is used to install the Maintenance Certificates. Task "Maintenance Package" performs all important actions (refresh sessions, refresh service definitions, delete logs, ....).

When scheduling the "Maintenance Package", choose your SolMan system as the target system. The Maintenance Package will perform a "Refresh Session" for all systems defined in the RFC list of task-specific settings.

As of ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP00 a separate task "Get License Data" exists, that allows you trigger the installation independent of task "Maintenance Package".

Best regards,

Ruediger

Answers (0)