Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About page numbers in smartform

pole_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We print picking list in smart form. Every Picking number will have many items, so we have to divide them into several pages, and show the page number like format "current page/total pages", since we will

print many picking list at one time ,and every picking number has it's own "total pages" , so we can not use system variable to identify the pages, we have to count it .

The problem is: in the item lines, there are description fields with variable length, some items may be printed in one line, some may be printed in two lines, the descritpion fields contain chinese characters or/and english characters, it's quite difficult to know if the description will be printed in several lines or not. so it's difficult to count the total pages.

Anyone can help about this? thanks very much!

Regards

Pole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer to this link.....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pole_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your reply, we will try.

Regards,

Pole

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i came across the same problem ...

i assumed that items will not be more than 100 ....

my one page contains almost 50 items ...

so i heard coded like if number of items is more than 50 then in page1 print 1 of 2 and in second page 2 of 2 .

if items are less than 50 only one page and print 1 of 1 ...

decide number of lines u can print in one page .... i think then u can do some thng ...

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The items is dynamic of every page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the items are dynamic thats why i suggested u to use final window and print page numbers in that as final window is executed in last so the smartform knows that how many pages will be needed thus populating the sfsy-formpages with total number of pages.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use sort event for the picking number in the Data tab of the table node and use program lines to add to a counter ( local variable ) inside the table node and then clear once for each new picking number.

And display it wherever it is to be displayed.

Regards,

Ram

Edited by: Ramakrishna Peri on Dec 22, 2008 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To print the pages create a window of type Final Window, Final window is executed at the last so here when u use sfsy-formpages it will give u the exact number of total pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any other answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one window of type Secondary window. in that u can specify

SFSY-PAGE / SFSY-FORMPAGES.

Here SFSY-PAGE-------Current Page

SFSY-FORMPAGES------Total no.of Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Create one window of type Secondary window. in that u can specify

> SFSY-PAGE / SFSY-FORMPAGES.

>

> Here SFSY-PAGE-------Current Page

> SFSY-FORMPAGES------Total no.of Pages

Read the Question Properly before you answer it.

For every new picking number, the page numbers and total page numbers need to change.

To the OP(Original Poster), Ramakrishna's answer is what you should look into.

Vishwa.