Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I have created a block step B

2. I have created a ReceiverDetermination and send step(S) inside Block B .

3. I have created ExceptionHandler EH.

4. I have assigned this ExceptionHandler EH in the send Block Exceptions-SystemError.

5. In ExceptionHandler EH ,i have created a controlstep for throwing Alert .

Problem i am facing now is when an error occurs in send step it is not throwing Exception.

Did i missed something.

Thanks in Advance for responses

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not able to see the Exception block in the workflow then you have to use Process Control Exceptions are triggered using the step Process Control. Define a new step Process Control in the normal branch. Enter the step name and the outcome name. Select Throw Exception in the function.

please refer the blog in SAPTECHNICAL using exception handler

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Are you talking of the process control step?

I have already defined a control step in the ExceptionHandler block where the action is defined as throw alert and defined the required alert category and the message.

Am confused as i dont see the step outcome in the process control step properties

If you are talking about different thing ,Please let me know

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there any examples which deals with Exception Handling in BPM

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are triggering a runtime alert from BPM you need to check (select) the Dynamic Text block in your Alert Definition. Is there any alert message that you get in an of the message and that you want to send? If yes then use a Container Operation with assign as the property and having some variable (say var1) as the target before the Throw alert Control step. In the Control Step when you are defining the alert message have the message as:

Error message is &var1&

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Did you check the blog :

Thanks,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

You need to set Dynamic text for exception raised by Control block.

Moreover for BPM your previous alert category may not work. Create a new one.

These will be helpful

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies,but in my case i have defined the ExceptionHandler and assigned the ExceptionName (EH) to the send step Exceptions-SystemError property ,and when i run the BPM scenario at the send error occured and it has to go to ExceptionHandler block which is not happening and i am seeing error at block as NoAgent error and i searched the forum for this error category and

deleted all the BPM Instances and activated the Integration process but in vain ,

I tried to throw exception intentionally and which worked well'

Overall when an error occured at send it is not going to ExceptionHandling branch,What might be wrong

I think send asynchronous step is capable of raising systemErrors right???

Million dollars for the replies

Waiting for responses

-Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am getting below error at the send step block

Runtime handle of object type could not be created

Message no. WL821

Diagnosis

The calling of the object method for the work item ended with a return value for which no handling is modeled in the workflow.

System Response

The work item was forced into the error status.

Procedure

Refer to your workflow system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

Also check the binding between the task container and the method container.

Any guess??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

As its not throwing any exception during that , it may be that you have not assigned the recepient with the T code : ALRTCATDEF , then can assign the receiver there,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have created the AlertCategory and which was worked fine earlier, I have resused the same for this process.

My concern is will the BPM block Step is not showing the message as ExceptionHandling and showing as Error instead.

Thanks for suggestions and responses

-Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Edited by: rajesh kumar on Dec 22, 2008 5:45 AM

Could somebody guide me on this.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i not mistaken throwing exception is not supported yet in BPM. My suggestion is you can try to hard code the error message and then respond to the receiver inside the exception handler.

Best regards,

Gan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the send there is possibilty of error ,so i have created a ExceptionHandler(EH) and assigned the same to the send step property (systemError - EH).

When an error occurs during send step , BPM Control/Engine should go to ExceptionHandler Definition block where i have created a control step with action as throw alert and some error message.

But this is not getting executed ,when i check the workflow logs the block is not showing ExceptionHandling message instead showing error message.

Please correct me if i understanding is wrong.

Thanks for your responses

Rajesh