cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description of catalog items to shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SRM 5.5 (SP 11) . we are using CC-Hubwoo as our catalogue. we are facing issue with transfer of descriptions of items from CC-Hubwoo to Shopping cart while creations.

What is happing is for some of the items descriptions are in german language (catalog maintained in german language) and when the item transfers to SRM Shopping cart it considers for some of the characters as ( # ).

Is it some config issue or some note has to be applied to resolve the issue.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

In the Call structure, in CODEPAGE column, put in the encoding used by the catalog provider. You can find the encoding of the vendor by right clicking the special character and selecting Encoding menu option. You need to setup CODEPAGE for all the languages users use to logon to the catalog.

Regards,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra

We have standard call parameters

HOOK_URL , OKCode,target, ~caller,

1. I didn't understand how to fine encoding value of vendor ? where do we do right click and find

1. do we need to add codepage here to the call parameters

2. what is type ( return url, fixed value, sap field, url) among them.

can you give one example for this.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

The CODEPAGE field is available on the screen where you define the VENDOR number (Details Screen).

There are multiple ways to find out the vendor encoding used.

1. Ask the vendor

2. On vendor site, right click and view source. Search for CHARSET meta tag.. You may see something like ISO-8859-1. That is the codepage.

3. on vendor site, where you see a special character, right-click mouse and select encoding menu option. That gives the encoding used by the vendor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Through option 3 right click mouse enoding option i found it is Unicode (UTF-8) . Now, does this encoding value change for the SAP LOGIN lanaguage.

and so now which value of codepage should i maintain and where in SRM Config?

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Try putting UTF-8 in Codepage. If that doesn't work use the CHARSET defined in meta tag.

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You didn't tell where to maintain UTF-8. I tried putting value UTF-8 for field "codepage of service" where we define catalog id but still same problem of charachter is happeing when item is copied to SC.

I am not able to find CHARSET . in view source its not giving

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the language you are logging in with in SRM? Under that language maintain the CODEPAGE. You can do that by going to Language link in one of the menus at call structure and selecting the language and clicking translation. Try ISO-8859-1 for CODEPAGE.. It may work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls let me know exact location with value to be maintain then i can try because in catalog setting there is one place "service code page" field which i have tried it didn't work.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the first screen you see when accessing customizing 'Define external webservices....' you see a list of catalogs available in the system, page to the right of this screen and you will see the column for CODEPAGE, this is providing note 846194, make sure you follow all the details in this note.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem is solved with the help of SAP and Basis