Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

organization structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

i got the following error while assigning the shipping point to the plant

" shipping point "CH" is still assigned to a picking location". i want to know how my shipping point is assigned to a picking location.can any one explain me the concept.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

I hope I understood your requirement properly,

Picking location (i.e storage location) will get determined based on these combination in OVL3 transaction which is already mentioned in the earlier response.

Shipping pointPlantShipping conditions ,so you can have more than one shipping point to the single picking location with combination of different Plant and different shipping conditions.

Overall meaning is different shipping points can have single picking location.

I hope this will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 19, 2008 12:11 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the issue is Shipping point assignment to Plant, ensure that following configuration is in place:

1. Maintain Plant

2. Maintain Shipping point

3. Assign Plant to Company Code.

4. Assign Sales Org - Distribution Channel - Plant

IMG > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Sales and Distribution > Assign Sales Org - Distribution Channel - Plant

5. Assign Shipping point to Plant

IMG > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Logistic Execution > Assign Shipping point to Plant

Only after the above configuration at Enterprise Structure Level, it would be appropriate to configure Shipping point Determination. Shipping point is determined based on combination of Delivering Plant

+ Shipping Condition + Loading Group.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr .Reddy

If you are defining or creating the new enterprise structure and if you are assigning plant to the shipping point you are not supposed to get this error

I dont think it is error it is a system message which you can ignore and go ahead

During delivery process the system picks up storage location automatically thro the rules mainly MALA which we have given in delivery doc types in OVLK

This MALA rule is storage location determination is based on Shipping pt,delivering plant and storage condition of that material in MMR

Storage location is the same as picking location

For this combination we will define a storage location/picking location in OVL3

This storage location is automatically picked up in delivery doc

So as the friend suggested check OVL3 also

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you might have got this error while deleting the assignment. System does not allow to delete the assignment since in OVL3, you would already have a Storage location assigned to the combination of Shipping point, Plant and Storage condition.

former_member737313
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the Picking rules which define how to determine the automatic picking location determination.

Picking location is determined in the combination of Storage condition, Delivering plant of the delivery item, Shipping point of the delivery.

This is a part of standard setting.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Chech in OVL3

regards

Vamsi Javaji