cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Wizard Problem

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been able to make the xMII-11.5 (with SR05) working. Now we are trying to connect the xMII wizard from the clients and nothing is happening. We have installed Frontpage 2003 on the client machine and added the frontpage add-in as well which is showing when we launch the Frontpage application. I have already connected to the website with open-site option while starting up the frontpage.

I am not sure if we have to locally install the wizards to the local client machine. if yes, then how? One more point when we go to the link of wizard http://<servername>/Illuminator/WizardInstall/IlluminatorWizard.exe, it gives a message page cannot be found.

Incidentallly, the same URL also gives same error while running itself on the server machine itself. But we have a component available & installed on to the loal machine which makes this wizard run when we launch the option xMII objects from the frontpage on the local server machine.

All kind of help is highly appreciated from the gurus. Although I have gone through most of the posts on this forum, but there is a fair possibility that I might have missed to read something which is already being discussed earlier n this form. Please guide.

Regards

Vaibhav

Edited by: Vaibhav Gupta on Dec 19, 2008 4:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will second Kevin's notion of moving forward to a newer version of MII.

Have you tried copying the exe file to the local workstation and running it locally?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

You should be able to run the install from the Visualization Services category, Wizard Install. You can also run it from the URL given, but make sure you include the port number or you will receive a "page not found" error. A search on "Stand-alone Wizards" in 11.5 help will give you the background information on the Wizards.

If you planning an upgrade in the near future, you may want to consider 12.1 since the wizards are built into the Workbench. The Workbench is a "one stop shop" so MII developers can create HTML and XML documents as well as MII content specific objects.

Regards,

Kevin