cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing "attribute fields" in "additional data" in custmer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have two account groups local and export. while creating customer for these account groups, i am maintaining data in "Attribute fields" which is available in additional data in customer master general data. there are 10 attribute fields available. i am using 3 fields in local and 4 fields in export. now i want to hide the remaining 7 fields in local account group and 6 remaining(useless) fields in export accoutn group. but i cant see the attribute fields in "obd2" transaction.

any help?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something else that may help, if you have not done so already

You can rename the Attribute 1..9 display names.

Change the data element KATR1 short description from "Attribute 1" to " Whataver you want

Activate this data element

Maintain table V_TVK1 in t-code SM30 by defining the following values "01" = "Whatever you want it to display.

At least this way the user can see a clear definition of which field is for which data

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks...issue resolved by sdh0

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you tried this using Transaction Variant(SHD0). I was trying to map your scenario and i found that i can make invisible the fields that are not necessary, there are 10 attributes and u can make invisible of the last 3 attributes.(which fulfills u r requirement)

Try to give it a shot and do share if any issues are there.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem still not solved. though i can hide the unwanted fields through shd0 but this is not what the problem was.

but i want that 3 fields shd be visible on "local" account group and other 4 fields shd be visible on "export" account group. the process you have informed hides the fields for every account group, which is not required. in short i want to hide these fields on the basis of account group. can i handle shd0 on the basis of account group??

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to change anything in the CMR then you can do , IMG u2013> financial accounting (new) u2013> accounts receivable and accounts payable u2013> customer accounts u2013> Master data u2013> preparations for creating customer master data u2013> define screen layout per activity.Here you can keep the field either mandatory or non-mandatory

If you change here , it will affect all account groups, but if you want to hide that feild in account grp and keep in display mode in another account grp then you should change those things by going to account grp details and the t.code is OBD2 or OVT0

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yep i think you should be able to make the changes according to the Account group also. (i am not having SAP system at this point of time to check the exact way of doing it.) But i think in the initial screen of SHD0, when you provide the transaction code as XD01 and enter as soon as it takes to the initial screen try just giving the required account group and press enter, and then in the next screen press exit and save, where it will take you to all the fields of the master that can be checked for invisible.

If you can consult your ABAPer who cud be in a position to help you out in dong this.

Although i have not tried it practically, i think it should be possible.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maxim,

As per the standard settings all 10 Attributes will come but you maintain the data as per your requirement.

You can do like this,

You can maintain data for only 3 Attribute fields in the Local customer account group.

You can maintain data for only 4 Attribute fields in the Export customer account group,remaining Attribute fields you leave as blank is there any issue to do like that.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG u2013 financial accounting (new) u2013 accounts receivable and accounts payable u2013 customer accounts u2013 master data u2013 preparations for creating customer master data u2013 define screen layout per activity.

Just go to this path and try out your account group and make the changes.

Hope so this will help you out.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nopes...problem not solved...additional fields "attribute fields" are not there.

Edited by: maxim on Dec 19, 2008 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. there's is problem in doing so, as my data entry guy will be confused while entering the data. i want him to avoid making any wrong data entry.