cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have just transported a IR object from DEV to Q.

in Q earlier under message mapping tab i have 3 message mappings....

Now i have only 1 MM in DEV and i have transported it to Q.

But in Q after sucessful import its showing the new mapping and also other 2 mappings which i dont want...

can any one tel me.. why the old mapping not deleted from Q.

tahnx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't remember exactly but I think during transport, there is an option whether to include deleted objects or not. Could you check that.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to transport DELETE objects also to QA and Prod.

When you select the List of objects to be transported, you will have option "Include Deleted Objects" and select the 2 mappings in QA that have been deleted in Dev.

This is not a issue with CTS but rather the fact that XI expects you to manually transport deleted objects if you are transporting individual objects. When you transport all Objects of a namespace this is not needed.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bhavesh,

Can i delete the unwanted mapping in Q and then transport from D, will it create any version conflict???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i delete the unwanted mapping in Q and then transport from D, will it create any version conflict??? - You can delete the unwanted mapping in Q and then transport from D - this will not create any version conflict.............but this is not a good approach.........instead go to Dev, change something like description of existing MM, then while transporting choose the deleted objects option and then release the transport request to import in your quality server.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You need to check this option at last while transporting objects from IR.

Then it wont show deleted objects into quality.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/sudhir,

yes... i got ur point....

i have unselected it.... during the transport....

but i am asking different question..

Actualy while transporting first time by mistake i have transported all the 3 mapping MM,MM_test and MM_test2 from D to Q..

so i can understand.... in Q also it will have 3 mapping MM,MM_test and MM_test2.

Since i didn't want MM_test and MM_test2. in Q , i deleted the mapping s ...MM_test and MM_test2 in D and transported again.....

so now in Q there should be only 1 mapping that is MM..

but i can see all 3 mapping are present....

is it a property of CST+?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This shouldn't be the standard behaviour. Why don't you just delete the entire SWCV from IR of Q and transport again.

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Since i didn't want MM_test and MM_test2. in Q , i deleted the mapping s ...MM_test and MM_test2 in D and transported again.....

so now in Q there should be only 1 mapping that is MM..

For this purpose like you want to transport the deleted objects under specific namespace, Include Deleted Objects option is there in CTS. And this is the normal behaviour as explained by Bhavesh also.

Thanks!