cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am having header material A with inhouse production and MRP type X0. Material B is the child with external procurement and planned in R3 with MRP type PD.

now when the sales order comes for material A. Planned order is created in PPDS with lead time scheduling with start and end dates, that is CIF'd to R3. so when i run MRP for material A, Purchase requisition is created in R3 for the child material B which inturn converted to purchase order. now the PO will have delivery date.

now based on the PO's delivery date if i run heuristics again in PPDS for material A, will the heuristic run reschedule the start and end dates according to the delivery date of child item.

pls let me know on this ASAP.

Thanks

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which heuristic did you use for rescheduling? Did you try it whith heuristic "Rescheduling: Bottom Up" SAP_PP_009?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can carry out Bottom up heuristic in PPDS on product A. You will get the planned orders getting generated on Product A. Subsequently check the dates of both product A and its child whether feasible to adher without carrying out MRP in R/3 again. If at all any deviations, carry out MRP.

Hope this will help.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Based on your query, further running heuristic will not reschedule the dates. If you really want both parent and child item to get accurate planning with heuristics, it is advisable to make MRP type as XO for both parent and child item.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i cannot make the childs MRP type as x0 as lot of customisation is already been done in R3 for child items with stock transfer. will bottom up sap-009 will serve the purpose pls let me know.

thanks

vinay