Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Location of SOLMAN 3.1 to another Host with same Settings

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am putting one issue.

Currently we are having Solution Manager 3.1 Installed on one host with SOLMAN hostname and SOL as SAPSID and Oracle 9.2 as Database. The Operating System is Windows 2003 Server standard Edition with Service Pack 2.

We want to shift the location of this Solman 3.1 with current data to another host, for some reason.

I already have taken its latest Offline Backup for the purpose of trying "Database Reset " at new SolMan 3.1 Setup.

Right now, I have installed new fresh Solution Manager 3.1 using its SAPInst, on another host with SOLMAN2 as Hostname. This SAPInst is old and related to Solman 3.1 Installation. I also have taken this new Solman3.1's fresh Offline Backup to avoid future problems in "Database Reset", if required.

Which method i should have to follow in this situation "Oracle's Backup/Restore" or "SAPInst's EXPORT/IMPORT method" ?

Any Pre-settings are there to setup same to same Solman on another host ?

May I have any suggestions to completly build up the same Soltuion manager 3.1 setup on another Host ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

backup restore will work.

a user-based document should help you a great deal in this task:

http://www.basisconsultant.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=185&func=fileinfo&id=10

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both methods will work for you. Given a chance, I will choose the backup/restore option as it is easy compared to the other one. You can follow the standard system copy guide from SAP for all other pre and post actions required irrespective of the method you use.

Since it is Solution Manager, you may need to consider the following things as well.

-> RFC connections to the satellite systems ( Network / DNS setting migration)

-> CCMS agents re-registration (if you use CCMS agents SAPCCM4X, SAPCCMSR, CCMSPING etc..)

-> OSS / remote connectivity migration to new box ( new IP may need to be added in the SAP Router etc..)