cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting short dump - The ASSERT condition was violated.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed WD application (based on WDT_TREE) which shows catalog structure in Tree format. I am executing it with some catalog value and then expanding the tree. 2nd time I am putting different catalog value and execute it. When I am trying to open the sub node I am getting the short dump as "The ASSERT condition was violated.u201D

Below is the call stack of the dump,

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: DISPATCH_EVENT of program CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP

Method: IF_WDR_CLIENT~GET_CLIENT_UPDATES of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CP

Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_RUNTIME~EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

Please let me know if you know something on this issue.

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please check the cardinality of the node.This problem is for cardinality mismatch only. At times even the input field needs a 1..1 cardinality. If you give 0..1 as cardinality then it gives this error.

Just try and change the cardinality to different types whatever is your UI element.

The problem will go defenitely.

Regards

Roshan

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply...

I wanted to elaborate more on my problem. I am showing Tree structure in WD application. It is based on standard WD application WDT_TREE. I am having one input field where I am putting catalog number and when I execute it (On click of button), it shows the main node. I have put the breakpoint in method DISPATCH_EVENT and then in GET_EVENT_HANDLER of class CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER. This method reads the object by comparing HANDLER_ID (which is generated runtime something like WD43) from table MT_CUR_VIEW_ELEM_ADAPTERS.

At first time table shows 50 entries and get the object for the HANDLER_ID.

When I click on Nodes and drill down thru the Tree, the entries in table MT_CUR_VIEW_ELEM_ADAPTERS are getting increased.

Now without refreshing the application, if I put another catalog number and press button then it shows the main node for the catalog selected. But whenever I am trying to open sub node, control goes to method GET_EVENT_HANDLER and there I found out that HANDLER_ID fails to read the entry from table MT_CUR_VIEW_ELEM_ADAPTERS and due to this the object is initial. This then gives the "ASSERT" condition dump.

What I observed is that, the entries from the table MT_CUR_VIEW_ELEM_ADAPTERS are not getting refreshed when I go for 2nd catalog value. I am not sure where to make this refreshed so that user can enter different catalog value and see the tree like structure.

Also as per ur suggestions, i changed the cardinality of the context node for all combinations but it is not working.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Chandra

Edited by: Chandrashekhar Mahajan on Dec 23, 2008 1:08 PM

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any solution on this problem???

Thanks,

Chandra

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any solution on this issue? Please let me know if you have something to share on this problem

Thanks,

Chandra

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On further analysis, it is found out that, the call goes to method GET_CLIENT_UPDATES of IF_WDR_CLIENT. There PARAM_ENTRIES table has entries of the handler id, next even name etc,

The table looks something like below,

2 WD2B\,onFocus\,WD0C\,\,undefined\,\,

4 WD2C\,onFocus\,WD2C\,\,undefined\,\,

5 WD2C\,onTreeNodeToggle\,undefined\,undefined\,undefined\,\,

For these many entries, it goes to DISPATCH_EVENT method.

On expanding the tree for 1st catalog, after I put the 2nd catalog and shows the tree, when I try to open the sub node, PARAM_ENTRIES table contains such entry where the handler id exists from previous entries but it does not found out the object reference when the call goes to dispatch_event. This causes the "ASSERT" condition short dump.

Please let me your view on this problem.

Thanks,

Chandra

rahul_navandar1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please Apply Note 1256744 for your issue.

Thanks,

Rahul

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul for your reply...after appying this note the problem got solved.

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar ,

"The ASSERT condition was violated" This type of error occurs when we try to populate any attribute with a value which is not compatible with that attribute. Just make sure that you not doing any such thing.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the cardinality of the node. Also make sure that before putting different calalog values, the old value assigned to node are cleared. Try node->invalidate( ) before performing the fetch operation.

Regards,

Neha

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Thanks for ur reply..but this is not working.

Regards,

Chandra

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI CHANDRA,

please check the node cardinality .

this problem will while cardinality mismatch. i think u might using

Droup down index or droup down key. change cardinality to 1.1

It answer will usefull to you.

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

change cardinality to 1.n then it will work fine.