cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documenting Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although we have been on SAP for several years (4.7 now) I'm just now going back to document the various processes. Checking actual transactions used (profiles), summarizing period activities and/or material flows. list know exceptions/problems and providing solutions. Ensuring BPP's are avail. for each step. Checking license usage, etc.

Botton line will be when a new employee arrives there will be a "training" manual.

The information "pile" is growing, but I can't seem to create a format/style that I even I find acceptable.

Can someone pls. point me in the right direction.

Thankss

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob!

In the past two sources of information where most useful:

To visualize process flow process charts where nice. Try any software, which can draw boxes and arrows (but some are more comfortable).

Sometimes hugh walls of charts were created, but it was always a meeting place to figure out pre-requisites and follow-process.

The other part is just written comments -> text files (like BBP). Here detailed step explanations and reasons for going this way and not that way can be done.

If you have some meaningful headlines, you don't need any automatic (technical) link between the documents.

Don't spend to much effort in the form - even a bad documentation is much better than a never finished sophisticated version.

Regards,

Christian