cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle 10 g standard edition one

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

one of our client want to install sap on oracle 10g standard edition one . client is going for seperate vendors sap and oracle . now we are geting sap software seprate and oracle db from oracle vendor. my question is what ever oracle db we are getting is it compactable to install sap ?(rhel 5)linux

i have tried with window 2003 .oracle 10g standard edition one .ecc componet it was instlled with out any errors

but now client is going to have red hat 5 os, in linux when i am installing sap it is asking oracle rdbms software export in one phase , now i can not move from tha phase what can i do it is looking for some .asc file that are missing in export (because that db we got it from oracle vendor )

is there any other option to install the sap on rhel 5 ?

suggest me

thank in advance

regards

raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks every one

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Oracle software from Oracle Vendor is not supported for SAP Installation.You will get Oracle DVDs along with SAP Software kit from SAP when ordering for SAP Product on Linux with DB as Oracle.

Consult SAP for futher assistance.

Kalyan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one of our client want to install sap on oracle 10g standard edition one .

Just to give you the official statement - it´s not supported.

See Note 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment

<...>
Point 50. 
Standard Edition
* SAP products always require the Oracle Enterprise edition, using Oracle Standard edition is not permitted.
<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not supported and for recommanded platform and database for specific SAP version you can check at https://service.sap.com/pam

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot do the way you are doing now, SAP releases those RDBMS package together with the whole installation kit. You cannot make any changes in your Oracle Installtion which you got from Oracle vendor.

Also SAP has some restrictions in Oracle 10g, Oracle 10.2.0.3 is NOT certified for SAP.

Also you might not get good support if you have this kind of Installations in place.

Please go through the SAP Notes to get some idea 171356,828268,871096.

Regards,

Yoganand.V