SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master data for walking customer in retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts !!!!!!

for retail industry e.g books trading industry

how to create customer master data for walking customer in retail

its dummy or one time customer

if i create one time customer then same customer number can i use for every new order and every new customer how ?????

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what POS system is being used. In Normal SAP IS Retail Customer- We do not maintain Consumer Master in SAP Retail but some POS does provide functionality to have customer details.

One Alternate way- Many Retailers are using is to give a kind of Membership Card through which data for a Consumer can be maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks friend !!!!!!

then please tell me

in normal transaction while creating sales order u have to give sold to party no (customer no )

means data should be exist for that customer

in POS HOW IT WORK

when u copy or fetch data from POS to SAP server its background process to create sales order and delivery and invoice

but though sales order create in automatic or in background i think its needed to give customer no or say sold to party no

so here what should be the customer no ??

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

In IS retail customer is Our Site so when no need to give customer number ..

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using CRM will solve the issue. CRM will create a Customer master for the walkin customer and the same customer number generated can be used for creation of sales order in CRM and then further processing like delivery creation, Post Goods Delivery etc can be in R/3. CRM will also give you addon functionality like ATP check etc if it is applicable to your industry.

Alternatively the customer can be tracked through a membership card, where all the information of the customer can be mapped in the POS against a unique and can be fetched by scanning the membership card. In the sales order the Customer can be a site as in IS retail, a site is also defined as a customer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinod Kapote.