cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales orders showing WIP(Work in Progress)

Former Member
0 Kudos

here i have an issue with accounting people, they say some sales orders even though theyare completed, they are showing as Work in Progress in Accounting reports. Gurus, please throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance gurus,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga Gopathi

Normally if the status of SD documents is not updating, you need to check the copy controls. But since you have indicated that only for few sale orders, it is not updating, not sure whether the item category for those are different.

If so, go to VOV7, select your item category and see what is maintained for the field "Completion Rule". In normal circumstances, it should have been "B".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Understood, Lakshmi thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need further information gurus please, advise me ASAP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga Gopathi

First of all, I am not sure, where the said field (WIP) is there in FS10N. I dont remember seeing this field in FS10N. Are you sure, the TCode what you have mentioned is correct ??

Nevertheless, you can try with the following options:-

- Go to customer master Sales Area Data under Shipping tab, and maintain blank field for "Partial delivery per item, in case you maintained any value.

- Go to sale order, select all line items and assign Reason for Rejection and save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lakshmipathi,

I will explain in detail, Accounting people they run the transaction FS10N [G/L ACCOUNT BALANCE DISPLAY] at month end process, they have defined an General Ledger account for WIP(Work in Progress) as 123675, they enter that number and run the report. i dont know how they are coming to conclusion about open sales orders that are showing in WIP Account. i got a list of some orders with numbers and value associated to it. i went to document flow and checked for every order and i found some orders whose status is delivered and invoiced and even accounting document is cleared. i had explained the same to accounting people. now they are asking me to close that sales order so that it does not show in WIP account again for the next month end processing. Hope u understood the situation now.

My concern is how do is close them, as i have not come across this situation before. please advise me what has to be done to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Naga.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga Gopathi

If from SD side, the document flow shows correctly, then it is not your headache ) bcoz from your side, you have completed the process. You have to ensure that the billing document status shows "Completed" and the respective Accounting Document shows either "Cleared or Not cleared". With this SD part is over. Needless to say, as already mentioned above, you can change the status of a sale order by assigning reason of rejection and not sure the impact on FI side, especially the TCode which you have mentioned.

It is upto Finance people who have to check in what logic they have created the G/L account and how the report is showing and that too in standard TCode. May be you / FI have to take the help of ABAPers and check in what logic, the report is working.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are still having problems with Work in Progress account,some sales orders even though they are invoiced and accounting document has been cleared, accounting people are saying that they are showing as work in progress. i have checked the item category completion status, it is set to blank. before i suggest that change i want to make sure wether it will solve the issue. Please advise me gurus.

Thanks.

Naga.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga Gopathi

It is recommended to set the completion rule to B in item category as I suggested above and then create a sale order, do delivery and invoicing. See the document flow and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you first of all for good advise, i had put that up with manager to change the completion rule status to B in item category, but they are asking me to get rid of all those orders from system. How to close the sales orders so that they dont show as Work In Progress in their Accounting reports.

I would like to give more information about how they are looking from Accounting Perspective, they run the FS10N and enter WIP account number. There they are getting information that some sales orders are showing in WIP.

So Advise me how to close Sales orders. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you guys. that was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do actual settlement for sales orders. VA88

Regards,

Chandra