cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-DP - Change in Calculation Type of Key Figure in Production Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I wish to know how to make a change in Calculation Type of Key Figure in Production Environment. I wish to change calculation type from "P" to "S" and also wish to enter Disaggregated Key Figure.

Regards,

Tarun Jha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Are you in SCM 5.0? If yes, you can go to MSDP_ADMIN, right click on your planning area, select "change key figure settings", click yes when prompted and then change the aggregation type and assign the base keyfigure for aggregation and once you are done, click on generate.

You should get the popup asking whether you want to make changes, say yes and you are done.

But as soon as you do this, run the consistency check /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK to make sure everything is consistent.

In some cases, the system does not get set properly then you have no other choice but to take a backup, deinitialize the planning area and then initialize it again and load data back from backup.

If you are in versions earlier than 5.0, you of course have no other choice but to ake a backup, deinitialize the planning area and then initialize it again and load data back from backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply. I have one more query pertaining to this. Can I transport the request after making changes in development server?

Regards,

Tarun Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Forgot to mention I am in SCM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The TR will not move the changes as you are expecting here.

Any changes to planning area, below 5.0 need to de-intialize the planning area.

just like

1. hold the latest back up

2. de-intialize planning area

3. make the required changes to planning area

4. initialize planning area and do conisistency checks

5. load back the data to planning area at all CVC level

all the steps need to perfom, in Dev and Quality and Production servers,

• Plan the activity for a weekend so that users will not get disturb*

All the best

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean you want to chnage the disaggregation type in Dev and then transport to QA or Production? Since you are in 5.0, Yes. You can do that.

or also you can just do that in production in "change keyfigure settings" in planning area.

As I said some times the system may not quite get adjusted as the data is already in there then you have to follow the procedure Arun suggested.

In theory as per SCM 5.0 documentation, the changes to key figure properties should be effective with out the planning area deinit and initialization. But I have see systems that have some inconsistencies that force you to do the deinit and reinit.

Make sure that you test this change thoroughly after making the change in production. I mean check whether the data is still being disaggregated by S or is it following P.