cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help restricting report output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a quick caveat before I expose my significant ignorance, I have no SAP training or background. Nearly all of my SAP knowledge has come from Google Unfortunately I've come to an impasse that even Google can't help me with

Ive been working on some log analysis for my client. Some of the information I get from them comes from SAP, so I've been attempting to automate the SAP request from Perl. Ive done a bunch of work and found out what their transaction names translate to, and I can now call the report from Perl using SAP::Rfc.

The code I use looks like this:

-

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

use warnings;

use SAP::Rfc;

use Data::Dumper;

my $rfc = new SAP::Rfc(

ASHOST => 'host',

USER => $uid,

PASSWD => $password,

CLIENT => '100',

SYSNR => 'PD1',

TRACE => '1');

my $interface = $rfc->discover("INST_EXECUTE_REPORT");

$interface->PROGRAM( "RSUSR002" );

$rfc->callrfc( $interface );

print Dumper \$interface;

$rfc->close();

-

What I need to do now is define the from date, from time, to date and to time to restrict the number of rows returned by this report. Ive looked through the traces and the Dumper dumps to try and find the answer with no luck, and as mentioned Google has let me down too

Can anyone help me, or provide a small hint?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been given reports that humans produce for review. They would like to automate the collection of the information from SAP as well as the analysis jobs that have been created.

My initial idea was to have my job run the reports the humans do, however I've not been able to find any information on how to use SAPRFC to do such a thing, so I resorted to looking at tables via RFC_READ_TABLE. This is working so some extent however I currently can't find out what a users organisaitonal unit is, and even if I did, I don't know how to build a query with SAPRFC to do the lookup.

Has anyone had any experience joining tables using RFC_READ_TABLE, or perhaps a more appropriate function?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps the GRC Forum is the best place for you?

Moved again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to the Security Forum...

For me it not surprising that you did not get an answer. The program has a selection screen (where are your paremeters for it?) and it is a "static" report which returns the current user information (there are no parameters for from and to dates and times).

Please explain what your client wants. There must be a better way of doing it...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have not had any luck finding out how to address my problem. Does anyone know of a better location for this query?

Thanks!