cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named set in cube doesn't appear in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several named sets in my cube that do not show up in the universe. How can I get them to show up in the universe? They contain a value for Yesterday which I need to use as a filter. Is there a better way to create a filter for "yesterday"?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still not working. Here is the error I'm getting when I try to use the filter in a Business Objects report:

Your session timed out. Your need to close the Java Report Panel and log in again.

This happens immediately. My session is new and hasn't timed out. Any ideas? The filter parses ok, but it apparently isn't correct yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Named Sets are not supported in OLAP universes.

This is planned to be full supported in our next major release.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the info.

Can you help with the problem of creating a "yesterday" (or other date) filter? I saw the thread "MDX syntax for current year in a Pre-defined condition" in which you suggest using

<EXPRESSION>

IIF([Time Accounting].[Accounting Year.].CurrentMember.Properties("Name") = [Time Accounting].[Accounting Year.].CurrentMember.Properties("Current Year"), 1, 0)

</EXPRESSION>

to get the current year. Could you elaborate on how to do that? Do you put the expression in the filter like this?

<FILTER KEY="[Date].[Date]">

<CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal">

<CONSTANT CAPTION=<EXPRESSION>

IIF([Date].[Date].CurrentMember.Properties("Name") = [Date].[Fiscal Hierarchy].CurrentMember.Properties("Yesterday"), 1, 0)

</EXPRESSION>/>

</CONDITION>

</FILTER>

Please give me more details on l how to do this. I'm new to the Business Objects OLAP Universe and more of a report developer than a programmer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the syntax to define your filter and your expression all in one:

<FILTER EXPRESSION= 
IIF([Date].{Date].CurrentMember.Properties("Name") = [Date].[Fiscal Hierarchy].CurrentMember.Properties("Yesterday"), 1, 0)>
<CONSTANT CAPTION="1"</EXPRESSION>/>
</CONDITION></FILTER>

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correction, the syntax is:

<FILTER EXPRESSION= 
IIF([Date].{Date].CurrentMember.Properties("Name") = [Date].[Fiscal Hierarchy].CurrentMember.Properties("Yesterday"), 1, 0)>
<CONSTANT CAPTION="1"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

Didier

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Added on behalf of Carolyn Layton,

I keep getting this error when trying to run a report in Business Objects using the u201CYesterdayu201D filter.

The error is a popup that shows the following information.

Web Intelligence

Your session timeed out. You need to close the Java Report Panel and log on again.