cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early confirmation of activity - Problem with actual cost updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...

I have trying to find out solution with trail and error basis but.....

The issue is :

Network activity - Planned duration 100hrs

periodic confirmation taken place .... no problem... actual cost also updated accordinly,

at one point of time, realised that activity is completed with 70hrs effort only.

then I have updated 100% completion.

what is the twist here is:

though I have completed 100% of work with 70% of actual hours, however, system display actual costs equals to 100hrs.

I can not reduce planned hours equal to actual hours. at the same, I would like to see my activitiy completed with 70 hrs and actual cost equal to 70hrs of effort only.

is there any enhancement there so that we can have both display planned 100 hrs and actual as 70 hrs.

and costs also.

Looking forward to hear from the gurus and thanks in advance

Shal award points for appropriate answer.

Regards,

PSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One probable solution would be using User status which will block additional confirmations. At the point when you know that work is completed within planned hours, set this user status so that no more confirmation is possible, at th same time user will come to know that activity is completed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can put the 70 Hrs manually as the actual data in "activity confirmation" screen ( at the bottom.there is provision to enter actual hours) and also tick the final confirmation as 100%. This will set the status as actvity is fully confirmed and will post 70 Hrs against planned 100Hrs.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant

Let me try and keep you posted.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemant

Your solution working fine. waiting for business to confirm.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Sudhakar