cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create universe from SAP BW (Conec1) joined with ORACLE (Conec2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please clarify our doubt, we are planning to buy BO Client tools.

Currently we have data in ORACLE SYSTEM in different databases, and we have SAP BW as well.

I have created connecton to SAPBW and another connection to ORACLE Database.

Can I create universe from SAP BW data(Connection1) joined with ORACLE database(Connection 2).

If possible please let me know the steps. If not possible what is the alternative to bring data from both.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Universe1 for BW as source

Create Universe2 for Oracle as source

Now create a WEBI report with

Query1 based on Universe1 and then

ADD Query2 based on Universe2

While creating these 2 Queries we have to keep the common dimension in both the Queries eg. [Country]

In the WEBI report we have MERGE dimensions. with this option you can syncrohnise the data.

I hope this would solve your problem.

Regards

ssangem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One universe can have one connection only. I have heard in a conference that it might change in future, but currently you can not point one universe to multiple databases.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use more than one universe in a single report, but as far as I know that does not apply to queries based on MDX.

So you can have a universe which points to a MS -SQL db and another which points to Oracle db and create 2 queries in your report and merge the results.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will release beginning next year a new driver with Data Federator tha twill access SAP BW through SQL access.

As Data Federator is our modelling tool for defining mult-sources data foundation and therefore multi-sources universes, this will be the solution to use for having Oracle and SAP BW joined at universe level.

However, the SQL connection on SAP BW does not take advantage of features that have been added in BEx queries such as:

- Restricted key figures

- Calculated key figures

- Structures

- Custom hierarchies

- Navigational attributes

- Variables

- etc

Didier