cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Site Location for GRC RAR 5.3 as per note 1255796

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per notes 1255796 ,1177010 ,1255746 I understand that we need to configure FTP location under RAR 5.3 -> configurations ->Miscellaneous

I need a confirmation on the following things

1) The FTP site location should be our ERP system( back end ) ?

2) SAP Application Server Location : DIR_HOME

3) FTP Site Location : eccserver ip/usr/sap/AMD/DVEBMGS00/work/bgspool ( bgspool we need to create) ?

4) FTP Site User Name : sidadm ?

5) FTP Site Password : password of sidadm ?

Please give the answer to the questions as I am confused on the above things. If not does we need to have a separate FTP server ?

In note 1255796 "These files are then FTP'ed into the FTP Site Location. " which has caused the confusion. So is it asking about a separate FTP server other than our back end ECC server ? Please let me know if we need a separate FTP server or ERP system( back end ) is enough.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-Sahad

You have to first create a directory for backing up security reports and enter the directory location in RAR > Configuration > Miscellaneous configuration u201CSAP Application Server Locationu201D of your default sap system on which you have installed the RTAs. This is the temporary storage location for security reports generated by background jobs (basicly it is the spool data). This location should be same for all sap systems in your landscape. The background job runs on the ABAP side, and generates a spool file, and is read by the front-end to display security reports. The first time this spool is read by RAR front end using ftp communication at operating system level and then it is automatically deleted from system. It is a way to bypass un necessary load on grc database and hence enhances system performance.

I think this information is given in the notes you already have. The affected security reports are also mentioned in the notes. Take help from some basis admin in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Thank you very much for the reply.

I was expecting a confirmation that ERP system itself is the FTP server location as specified in the note.

So can I use following parameters

SAP Application Server Location : DIR_HOME

3) FTP Site Location : eccserver ip/usr/sap/AMD/DVEBMGS00/work/bgspool ( bgspool we need to create) ?

4) FTP Site User Name : sidadm ?

5) FTP Site Password : password of sidadm

can i specify the above values as well as can I create a directory called bgspool in /usr/sap/AMD/DVEBMGS00/work/ and specify the

FTP site location as : (ecc server ip)/usr/sap/AMD/DVEBMGS00/work/bgspool

Please confirm

Thank you once again for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that you need to configure FTP at operating system level not at ERP level.

If you have windows 2003/08 server then you need to configure IIS (Internet Information Server) and activate FTP service. Please make sure the directory is writable with 777 rights.

You can use DIR_HOME for SAP Application Server Location also make sure this directory is writable. Finally your FTP directory would be something like: 000.000.000.000/root/public (000 would be your ip address of the system on which IIS and RAR is installed.) User account for FTP can be easily created on the web server (IIS)

As these details are not given in any user guide so I am not sure if we can use any external FTP account or not but so far i have tried on the same system only, it works for me. Let me know if it's still not working at your end.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Thanks for the help

So what you are specifying is FTP location should be the GRC server ?.

I am feeling little confused. If we are are giving the FTP location as GRC server itself , so how the GRC server will take the reports that are in ERP servers DIR_HOME( ie files in OS level) to GRC server?.

My servers are on Solaris sparc. So I think by default FTP services will be active. I will give the GRC server details in FTP location, username and password and will update you once I run the security reports..

Thank you once again for your detailed answers which have helped me a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's give it a try first cause not much has been investigated in this area so far. Positively I will try to talk to the developers and come up with a whitepaper or something. I had a discussion with one of the CC expert from SAP he was also little conf.. you know. anyways.

After configuring the way i said above please check the status of your background job and click on the icon under Result column.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

from 31st page of config guide AC 5.3

"

The receiving location on the Access Control server for FTP of spool files from the back-end server, as well as the user name, and password used for FTP. " So it should be AC server it self

thank you once again for your great help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the AC server

By the way i tried on external ftp too but unfortunately it's not working.

Regards,

Amol Bharti