Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone know an application where a user can change his password in the j2ee engine.

I know that when your password is initial , you get the option to change it . I'm looking for an application where your password can be changed when you decide.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your user store? What application are you talking about?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi,

users are managed in abap (dual stack).

I'm not talking about a particular application. I'm looking for an application that would do just this... changing passwords.

The problem is that if you dont use the abap stack and your password is not expired , there is no way to change your password in the java stack.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

> The problem is that if you dont use the abap stack and your password is not expired , there is no way to change your password in the java stack.

- Users can logon to the backend and change their passwords there

- you can use the "personalize" function in e. g. the portal (right upper corner) to change the password

Markus

0 Kudos

We have no portal.

Which backend are you talking about. Users don't have admin tool and since they are java developers, they don't want anything to do with saplogon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Since you are having a dual stack system and the users are managed from abap, the JAVA user management engine will be pointing to the abap client (backend). So, if you need to change the password, you should change it from the particular abap client.

They will have to change the password using SAP logon by clicking the "New password" in the sap logon before login in.

Regards,

Jazz

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for SAP Virsa software. This is what you are looking for.

regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know what SAP virsa is ?

Ok, it seems this is not implemented .

0 Kudos

Moved to the Security Forum...

Hemanth's post is not correct.

You do not need to install VIRSA just to be able to change a password (your own). It is an administrator tool.

I don't see why the answer Markus gave does not meet your requirement? The user can change their own password, after having provided a correct "old" password.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

the way I understand Markus answer is that you log in with saplogon to abap backend.

This is precicely what I don't want the JAVA developpers to do. They don't want anything to do with sapgui so It would be convenient to have the same feature in the JAVA stack. That was what I was hoping for.

Its not a necessity but a convenience.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

If your Java developers do not have any user administration authorizations and you want them to change their own passwords only (they must know the old password first), then they could write their own little Java application as "front end" which calls function module SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC on the ABAP stack to change their own password.

However, I must warn you that this FM does not have a released status - so there is no guarantee that it's interface will not change or that other restraints might be built into it which prevent your use of it.

Also, you can only use it for users who are able to change their own passwords. Users of type SERVICE and SYSTEM will fail.

[SAP Note 764436|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/764436] might also be of interest for you, so you should secure (lock, etc) those users on the ABAP side.

Cheers,

Julius