cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBA Cockpit not showing history of DB size after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardon my ignorance:

We just finished an upgrade of Support Packs to our ECC 6.0 as well as a 64-bit upgrade of our existing production landscape (which involved upgrading a new server to 64-bit OS/SQL, and then re-attaching the database to the new system (the DB is stored on a SAN drive(s)). When we look at the DB size via dbacockpit, we only see the db size history since the time that db was attached to the new server.

What happened to the old history of db sizes? Is it because we had to install a new version of SQL Server 2005 that the old history is missing? Where does DBA Cockpit pull this data from?

These seem like basic questions, but I just want to have a more firm picture on how this information is gathered and stored.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Refer SAP Note 1144935 - Report RSMSSDBSZHIST does not show "old" db size history.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know if it works oin SQL server, but with Oracle, transaction DB02OLD still has this historic data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This transaction is not usable in a SQL environment.....Any other thoughts (my thinking is that since we installed a fresh version of SQL Server 2005 on a new server, the old history is gone, but I'm not 100% sure on this).