Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to copy files to a folder through ZFTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our EDI team is facing issues while copying a file to a folder /interface/BROADCAST in the application server. They are trying to do this through the transaction ZFTP.

To be very specific, they are trying to drag and drop a file BFoutput2.txt to the application server folder /interface/BROADCAST. And when they do this, they are getting an error message which says:

CopyingF->B[C:\<location of the local file>] [/Interface/BROADCAST/BFoutput2.txt]

security blocked

The user master of the person trying to do this has got all the authorizations required. But I believe that this is not applicable because they are working with the application server.

Please guide me on what has to be done to overcome this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.........

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best talk to your system administrator. It may be rights on the filesystem itself that block the copy.

The fact that your transactions' name starts with a Z makes me think it is bespoke and not SAP standard so I'm afraid we cannot do anything for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHeck the long text of the message (if maintained) for more infos and / or search the coding to see where the message is raised. That would tell you why.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to check if the user has proper authorizations to the objects S_DATASET and S_PATH. Both these objects are related to access to files. The former deals with access to files from an ABAP program and has the following fields: ABAP/4 program name, Activity, File name.

S_PATH is to check the access to the file system. Authorization group & Actvity are the fields that can be maintained. Authorization groups for the file system are defined in the table SPTHB and Table SPTH assigns authorization groups to paths in the file system