cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using File Adapter to transfer files from directories on unix file server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this scenario. I have a PI server on hpus45 and I want to use it to transfer files from a source directory to a destination directory on a unix file server. The unix file server is on a different box eg hpus30.

What do I configure in SLD and Integration Directory? All the examples I have seen is transfering files from directories on the PI server but none on a different box.'

Is it possible? I need help asap. I need to determine what the best approach is by today.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both the server are on same network then you can instal any ftp server on the other box and use protocol FTP in the sender and receiver CC in integration directory.

thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the same procedure as you saw in those blogs,but use FTP to transfer files.

Thanks

Prabhakar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sudhir mentioned you can go ahead

>What do I configure in SLD and Integration Directory? All the examples I have seen is transfering files >from directories on the PI server but none on a different box.'

Go for Business Service ( No need to declare in SLD ) Under the Business Service declare a File Adapter and Point to the different box.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I create this Business Service? I'm a novice. please provide some more detailed steps.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Where do I create this Business Service?

In ID ( Under Integration Directory - Scenerio -Service without party / Party - Business Service ( Right Click & create a new one)

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can search blog no 1312 and 1345 for step by step configuration. use search term file to file 1312 blog and same for 1345.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri Doss,

I'm using PI 7.1. I'm not seeing your instructions in ID.

The objects in PI 71. are in this order

Unassigned Objects

Party

communication component

communication channel

receiver determination

interface determination

sender agreement

receiver agreement

direct connection

integrated configurations

configuration scenario

value mapping group.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make your source an unix directories shared in your network and use the shared paths in the CCs.

VJ