cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Methods to make test to a message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I need to know any method to follow in order to make my test to my message mapping. Aditional, Maybe You can provide me with a Document Template for a Unit Test.

I hope You can help me. Any help is welcome.

Thanks & Regards.

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I would like to add one more point in addition to what VJ mentioned .

Under the test tab of the message mapping, you can test as well as store your test instance ( unit test) for the future reference or tests.

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant That I need to plan my test like uses cases or something like that. so for that I need a methodology or method maybe. (Reference White Box, Black Box(Equivalence classes))

Thanks for your help.

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

As suggested above you can test mapping using test tab and even save the test instance.

For the project perspective Unit test plan should be for complete interface test not only mapping test.

I suggest to go for end to end test as a unit test case instead of mapping.

Unit test case standard template i am not known. But its pretty easy. You need test cases (payload data) for positive and negative tests. You can follow black box if required

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Is this what you are looking for?

Unit testing your mapping programs is an important part of SAP XI development. However, unit testing manually in the Integration Builder is a time-consuming and error-prone task. Furthermore, it's a task that must, in an ideal world at least, be done every time a change is made to the mapping program.

Detroubulator lets you write your unit tests once and for all and run them at the press of a button. The minimal effort required to run your unit tests means that testing can become an integrated part of development rather than an effort that only takes place when development is complete. Having a suite of unit tests available also makes it easier and safer to make changes to an existing mapping program; running your test suite at each step of the way builds confidence that the changes made to the mapping program didn't inadvertently introduce errors.

http://www.applicon.dk/applicondk/loesninger/detroubulator.html

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try this blog "XI: How to test your mapping (in real life scenarios)"

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to TEST Tab in Message mapping, give the input and press on execute button on the bottom.You can find your target at the right side.

Thanks

Prabhakar

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the test tab in message mapping. Or you can send message to IE directly from RWB->Components Mnitoring->Integration Engine ->Test Message tab.

VJ