cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI UDS Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diana,

While I'm on the subject - do you have anymore information on the DigStr parameter. The default description is 'Determines if digital types are returned as strings". Not sure what this means to my setup. And for the Synchronize parameter - I guess I need to find our if OSI PI is threadsafe.

I looked for more info. on these 2 UDS parameters in the UDS docs - but couldn't find anything.

Sorry - obviously I'm new to this arena.

Thanks again,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DigStr relates to digital string tags (I don't have the PI API book nearby for the exact term) but in easy to interpret terms based upon what this setting does I'll provide some simple context.

For all digital string tags available to the PI UDS this flag will change the return information to send back numerical offset values instead of the string representation.

This UDS parameter is true by default, so you may see a Tag query result say something like: "HAND", "OFF", or "AUTO"

If you set it to false, the tag may return 0, 1, and 2 respectively.

The UDS makes an api call to PI to get the string representation of the tag value so we can read it, but if you wanted to trend this value you would need a number, so this setting allows you (if necessary) to have 2 UDS's setup, one returning string values for digital tags and one returning numbers.

Regards,

Jeremy