cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierachy via tuple (Data Manger 7.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to build a hierachy via tuple.

E.g. I have got account numbers and every account number has got a parent account no and so I could build a hierachy in the tuple field. Is it possible to solve this problem via tuple.

Unfotunately it is not possible to select tuple member fields as Assignment

Fields.

If this is not possible, let me know about other solutions!

Greetings

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I think it is possible to do this with tuples if the account number is your main item. I could also imagine you do it with relationships. However, if you use tuples you could create "attributes" for the relationships.

Create a field of type tuple in the main table. Then create a tuple with a main table lookup field and create other fields to define the relationships.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thank you for your answer!

Do you know how to change the position of a tuple?

Best regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

do you mean the position of a tuple in the main table? Just go to the table and right-click in the Fields section. There you should see the possibility to reorder the fields (Add Field, Delete Field, Reorder...). You can then move the tuple up. In Data Manager you will then see it on a higher position in the table. You can do the same with the fields of any table or tuple.

Let me know whether this did not solve your problem.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

sorry, wrong question.

I meant to reorder the different values (tuple multi valued) of a tuple.

Best regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

that does not seem to be possible in Data Manager. The respective entry from the drop-down-menu is grayed out. I'm not a programme, but maybe there is a possibility to achieve that using the Java API.

Best regards

Christian