Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Initial Stock calc for Semi-finished products in SNP PBook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Situation is as follows:

The Stock list on /SAPAPO/RRP3(Product View) matches the Stock in ECC (MMBE) perfectly. Also when we load the product in our SNP planning book, right click on the Stock on Hand and then Display Stock, it matches the RRP3 and the ECC stock.

Still the actual Initial stock displayed in the Planning book Cell in the initial column and thereafter is different from what the actual sum of stocks should be. This quantity is huge (in millions!). There is no Receipts planned which can contribute to this!!!

Is this a known bug in SAP? Can we rectify by running any programs?

Note: Already tried CCR, OM17, everything looks fine (which actually is because RRP3 view matched ECC perfectly.)

Kindly help.

Regards,

Rimjhim

Edited by: TEAM BASIS on Dec 18, 2008 4:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any issue as far as the functionality is concerned. The value displayed in the column of stock on hand is a macro. It is usually called stock balance macro in standard books.

Stock on hand (initial) =

INITIAL_STOCK( ACT_VERSION ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION )

+ Row: Total Receipts ( Frm INITIAL )

- Row: Total Demand ( Frm INITIAL )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I couldn't find any problem with the macro.

One more observation:

The UOM in ECC is KG (in transaction MMBE). The base UOM in APO is ZUN (customized Tonnes).

The conversion in Prod Master is 100 ZUN=7484 KG

If we change this conversion to 1 ZUN = 1 KG then in the planning book the Initial Stock start showing as OK.

The random value shown earlier doesn't seem connected to the UOM conversion, it's just a very very high value. How can there be a connection between UOM conversion and the Initial Stock display.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rimjhim

Edited by: TEAM BASIS on Dec 19, 2008 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand if you set the UOM conversion 1KG = 1ZUN there is no issue but when you set 100 ZUN=7484 KG, you are getting garbage value. Is this happening only to initial stock or to other key figures as well? There is a chance that that the planning area is not able to convert the units properly. What is the base UOM of the planning area?

There are several notes that are related:

Note 1014069 - Interactive planning: Incorrect unit is displayed

Note 620942 - Drilldown after aggr. UM conversion

I suggest you check the same data in the SAP standard book 9ASNP94 and see if you can find any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all