cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image becoming distorted when printing - smartform in CRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CRM 5.0 and have to create a smartform for the acknowledgement of the order. The output is triggered correctly but marketing want me to include an image at the top of the page. I understand that you are only able to load tif or bmp into smart forms and indeed they are printed, however when printed the image is not very clear - looks like it is resizing.

I have tried changing the image in many different ways - and using paint shop pro for uploading the image. I have found that if using TIF the only compression option that uploads is packbits. I have saved the image with as many colours as possible and then reduced it - each time the image looks rubbish! However when I view the file (from my computer) in PSP it looks ok.

I have searched the forums for help but not really found anything that useful. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the image to come out as expected?

The image stretches across the whole width of the page and just over 3cm deep. There are quite a few colours in the image and it is fairly busy.

Driving me mad here! anyone got any ideas? Maybe I need to install additional filters or something???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

managed to get this corrected using faststone image viewer and converting images to 300 DPI.