cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification to Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

How to send email notification to the users (Microsoft Outlook/Lotus notes)

We have 10 users from Marketing and sales who input their demand in APO DP Panning book.We are planning monthly basis.

1)Marketing Users involve in the planning from the day 1 of the month to day 10.So in my requirement every day 1 of the month an auto generated email should be sent to their respective users of Marketing Department stating that Please initiate the Planning Process.

2)Sales users input their demand from Day 11 of the month, On the day 11th of the Month the same mail should shoot to Sales Users.Sales Users generally plan based on the Marketing Figures

How and where to configure these settings in the Demand Planning.Please guide me.

Your reply is highly awarded

regards

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

This looks more like a non APO requirement. But you can still do that using a process chain.

1. Create a process chain with start variant ( transaction RSPC)

2. Right click on the start variant > Create message

3. Enter the text along with the collaboration link (if any) in the "Edit Document" section

4. Enter the recipients email address like some venu.gopalATxyz.com and press enter the system automatically takes it as external/internal address/via internet

5. You can specify in the start condition that the chain be periodic job and Specify a factory calendar, enter work day as 1 ( ist of very month).

Configure a similar chain for your sales people and have the start condition as

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any possibility of achieve this using Macros where we have Message Option.

If it is achieved then Please explain it in detailed way.I am giving you points

Thanks in advance.

with regards

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

I think you can achieve this in Alerts.

You can use the notification functions to ensure that each planner is informed of alerts in his area of responsibility.Automatic messaging when alerts occur, or at regular intervals.

You can call alerts by using macros.check the following link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/11/b380390f2d943fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Try this option.

Answers (0)