SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM/BAPI for saving MPAN(Input from screen) in database table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating the installation and Connection Object for an MPAN(Input from a slection screen) with Function Modules ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CREATE and ISU_S_INSTLN_CREATE respectively.

It is creating installation and Connection Object but I am unable to save the MPAN in the respective tables.

Kindly tell me FM/BAPI to save MPAN(Input by User) in the respective database tables to link the installation created to the MPAN.

Thanks and Regards,

Vallari.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommended to create a Master Data Template to create Technical Master Data with category type NEWCUSTPOD instead of using individual FM's. Give ur MPAN to field EXT_UI which represents your external PoD number. You can call this MDT using FM ISU_PRODUCT_IMPLEMENT.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

Edited by: Binno Don Thomas on Dec 18, 2008 2:54 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is that I have an installation created with its int_ui.

Now i need to create an ext_ui in euitrans table with the same int_ui as of the installation.

Is there any function module which creates a record in euitrans with given int_ui.

Thanks,

Vallari.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any FM which would have EXT_UI and INT_UI (you have created using your FM) as importing parameters and which would fullfill your requirement.

However if you try implementing your requirement using the MDT that i have mentioned before, it would create your TMD with the mandatory fields as mentioned in the MDT category. Let me know if you require any more information on the method i suggested.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

0 Kudos

Can you please tell me in detail as I am unable to create it as told by you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I used Master Data Template to create Technical Master Data with category type NEWCUSTPOD and could create the 9 address lines in the master tables,

but I could not update the field NAME1(Site Contact name) in table ADRC.

Could you please help me out with the mapping for the above field in the category type NEWCUSTPOD .

Thanks,

Vallari.