cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certfied Professionals

Former Member
0 Kudos

What steps does SAP take to promote it Certified and Trainee Consultants in the job market? If not Why haven't they? as it would be beneficial to both SAP and Consultants.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP certified professionals are always preferred in the Job market over non Certified, and anything that sells by its own needs not to be pushed.

Remember that you only market more for your product which is not selling ......and hence there is no need to market for SAP Certified professionals...........Who r aleady in demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

I do appreciate your point however, I am a Certified BI with a wealth of financial reporting and Accounting Experience AAT , ACCA - (Finalist). One would think that the combination would place me in a very desirable position to move into the SAP consultancy arena.

What I have been finding is that experience is favoured more than Certification, So from my point of view I feel that SAP should push to promote their Certified consultants as we have a very sound theoretical knowledge along with hands on experience gained from the SAP Academy.

The Benefit to SAP is that, Organisations in theory will be able to harness SAP's full capabilities and power.

what are your views?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes SAP certified are having a Good Knowledge in SAP but people who r into SAP job and with years of experience they are better in giving a solution so industry prefers them. SAP cannot do anything about it.

Regards,

Saureb

SAP Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Point taken about the "experience" factor but from what I gather speaking to other consultants, is that the entry level into SAP even with certification is extremely difficult. That could be for a number of reasons not directly attributable to SAP.

But I fell if SAP take the proactive step of promoting its qualification to the Industry then it is highly probable that they entry requirement would be easier and less painfull for Certifieds with little or no commercial experience.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill, I do share your frustration and after visiting your website and reading your articles I do get an insight into your concerns. However there are a number of us out there who have invested time and money into obtaining the certification and is finding it difficult to get gain entry into the SAP arena.

That I feel is partly due to the fakes and ignorance of the SAP syllabus and the extent of the training involved which I feel is SAP's duty to promote.

I was not suggesting that newly Certifieds are qualified to project manage SAP rollouts. All we are complaining about is that we are not given a chance to develop, and that the fake and highly embellished CV's loaded with fake experience is often given interviews over certified candidates with little project experience.

Luckily SAP supplied me with am "SAP Certified Associate" Logo and it seem to be making a difference as I seem to be getting more calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn´t matter if you are certified or not....... now a days all companies are looking sap consultants with no less than 5 years of experience or at least 2 proyects from start to end.- That´s means that jr guys like me are not in the sap circuit. I´m certified, I have done training with 100% certified students, but is not enough. Experience is above knowloadge, even the people that have a fake cv have more oportunities, because no one looks the IDS in SAP, nobody cares about that.