cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Logging in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to define a new Log Controller of type location and able to write the traces(logs) into the default trace file according to the severity.

But When i change the severity for the exsisting Log Configurator "com.sap.tc.webdynpro" which was defined by the WD framework its not getting reflected. Only the error messages are written.

Other thing is i defined a new path for my own trace(log) file in the Log Destination -> Pattern as "C:\usr\logs\mylog.txt" but all the messages are written to the default trace file.

How can i implement my own trace(log) file and write my own trace(log) entries to it.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the default formatter for the Log Destination "service_webdynpro_LogFile" (this is used by webdynpro by deafult) to my own Formatter but still the Log which i write appears in the default formatter.

How to change it?

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos
Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> How can i implement my own trace(log) file and write my own trace(log) entries to it.

>

Take a look at this [guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0c6ada90-0201-0010-4397-b6dcb6e661a2] on how to setup of logging. In particular, take a look at page 17, which shows you how to setup multiple trace files

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI stefan

That was for 6.40 is there any guided for 7.0?

Thanks

Gopal

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Should be more or less the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to specifi the path Just Simply "c:\log\mylogfile.txt" is enough?

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

The pattern I use for the path is "./log/applications/<appname>.log"

If you hardcode your path as "C:\...", you may have problems transporting your WDP app across different systems (like *nix).

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to Your path Where will u find the Physcial location of the log file in the server?

Like "C:\usr\....\log\applications\<appname>.log"

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> According to Your path Where will u find the Physcial location of the log file in the server?

>

> Like "C:\usr\....\log\applications\<appname>.log"

Mine is under /usr/sap/<SID>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/applications/<appname>.log