cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the performance of Coloring of a cell in the Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have created a transaction in which I am checking if the value of a cell exceeds the limit then color the cell. I have a profile that has 32 columns and 170 records for each column in the Grid . It takes 1 min and 45 sec in whole to complete the coloring of cell in a grid if it is out of range. Is there any other way i can reduce the time or the time is in the expected range.

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of thoughts / questions...

1. How long does the query itself take to return the data to the iGrid? Add the following line to the applet and look for the msec response time in the java console:

<PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true">

2. It sounds like might be doing extra work in the TRX when you could just use the color contexting feature of the iGrid in Scoreboard mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the Reply .

Well the Columns in the profile are not fixed also the limit defined for each column to color the cell is different because of that I am calculating the cells to be colored in the Transaction and taking them in the front page and coloring with help of java script.

Before coloring function call the query takes 3235 ms as it shows in the java console to load the iGrid.

For Scoreboard mode I suppose we need to have fixed number of columns to define match value for each columns .

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, if I understand correctly the iGrid execution of the query itself takes only 3.2 seconds, but the whole page takes 1:45 to load. Is your script that inefficient that it takes an additional 1:42 ??

Post your for loop here - it sounds like your script is the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, be certain to only call updateGrid(false) once after all of the color changes are made, not with each individual cell change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy/Rick,

It seems to be problem with the looping in the java script . I will make the modifications and then check wether it improves the time or not. I will get back to you if I face any problem.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards

Nikhil