SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Promotion for Single Article

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We need to design a business scenarios as below...

A Pharmacy Article is being sold to customer at Normal Price as well as with 2 promotions active in system

1. Sales at Normal Price to Regular Customer

2. Sales at 10% discount to a Senior Citizen

3. Sales at 50% discount for a customer who carries a Speciality Health Card issued by the Pharmacy Retailer.

Now- How would system react when a customer satisfies two conditions of Senior Citizen carries Speciality Health Card .

How can we configure this in SAP?

Is there any logic for this inside SAP or this has to be from POS intelligence. ?

How does accounting takes place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

Is this a promotion discount i.e valid for certain time period or regular discount ?

Regards

Anis

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U said that a customer gets 10% discount for Health Card 50% (coupon),

The system will consider both the discounts in this case if the customer falls in both the category.

In accounting it will be recorded seperately based on you account key given for that conditions.

Regards

GK

0 Kudos

Situation is.. Customer should get Best discount. In this case a customer is Senior Citizen(condition 10% discount) as well as he carried health card (50% discount) and he should best possible discount which is 50% for the same article.

0 Kudos

Hi Doshi,

Look for condition exclusion groups customization and include the same in ur pricing procedure,this is how u choose the best condition for a price when there are more than one condition for a customer.

Thanks,

Adarsh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

Is this a promotion discount i.e valid for certain time period or regular discount ?

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

Plse maintain 3 discount conditions KA02

1. Customer/Article - Regular price

2.Customer Group/Article - Senior citizen

3. Customer/Article/Price list - card Holder

Keep this and create a Condition Exclusion for the above conditions..We can maintain "Best condition within condition types, Least favourable within the condition type "

Normally the above Key combination will not be available is Standard SAP, so can create your own key combination and execute

Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Thanks for reply and I appreciate the approach given for the solution. However- There are couple of points which I should have high-lighted in initial question is...

All the articles that are being sold at store should give discount of 10% to senior citizen or 50% to card holder. Inside SAP- we have functionality of condition exclusion but POS does not have the same. This means for every article POS will show 3 prices and than user needs to manually select the price. Further- we have 400000 articles and as told in beginning- this two discounts are not specific to any single article but to all the articles which means more than 10 million records to send to POS system. This does not seems feasible.

I have discussed this with some members of SAP labs friends and they are of the opinion that this should be a functionality of POS system and not of the SAP system and POS system should be able to sell the item at discounted rate. For discount- be it be 10% or 50% based on consumer- SAP should receive a credit note can be sent amount of which should be posted in GL of discount for Adcard or such created GL for accounting purpose.

Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit

what you are trying ot achive can only be handled by the POS system. There is no way SAP for Retail should and wil lhandle this. The POS person has to ensure that the best (read lowest prices) is suggested at the time of selling.

SAP for retail will just create these three promotions and send it to POS.

May i know which POS are u using.

regards

manish