cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imports Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a new repo - & after extracting customizing tables from R3, using import manager we are trying to map the source data to the repository structure.

While doing so we are making use of the standard pre-defined import maps [example: 13_Basic Materials_R3.map].

At present we are going to each table in repo eg: "APO relevant", selecting the relevant import map ... and then importing it in repository. Like this - for each table, there are indivudual maps available.

The question is : - is there a shorter way to complete the import all the maps ? because there are so many import maps and it takes a lot of time to carry out this activity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

There are mainly to approaches to import the data.

1. Load all the lookup table information first and then load the main table data.

2. While loading the main table data add the related data into the lookup tables.

Based on my experience I would always prefer the first method. This way you can cross check the data after each individual imports.

Not only that and also they are some dependencies between the tables. Thats y the statndard maps are oraganized in a proper way with proper numbering.

I would say if you follow the order in which the standard maps are developed u should not have any problems while importing the data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If I understand your question correctly, you are looking for a process using which you want to reduce the time that you are spending currently in Importing data and you are manually executing the Importing by opening import maps currently.

If you know the order in which all the maps must be executed - > My suggetion would be to create a batch file with all the Import Manager batch commands exactly in the order that you want to import them and execute this batch file only once.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar