cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Importing Service Items to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts,

I tried exporting service items from SRM product master to MDM via program BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG. The export was successful but when check the Data Manager, the items were not transferred to the catalog. I checked the Inbound Distribution folders and I discovered that the XML file got stucked in the Ready folder and was not transferred to the Archive folder.

Do you have any idea why this happened? Please help us in resolving this error.

Thanks in advance!

ADP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ADP,

you can trouble shoot your problem in the following sequence:

1)check the file has gone into which folder(structuralx/valuex/importx) if not gone into archive.

this will give u the indication if issue with structure or value of the records.

2) you can check the: USER ID AND PASSWORD of MDIS.INI file and restart that.

3)if structure issue check the XSD/XML.

4)if u have put a different value type in a different field type

also check with the map:if the correct map is inserted in console.

regards

Biswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

The files did not go to any of the folders you mentioned (structuralx/valuex/importx). It went to the Ready folder and got stuck there.

4)if u have put a different value type in a different field type

Which value type and field type are you referring in this?

Thanks,

ADP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the output file from SRM whether it has records or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the immediate response. Yes the output file from SRM does contain records.

ADP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your Admin user has password associated with it then you need to define the same in MDIS.ini file. Go to the path - {MDM Installable}/Import Server / MDIS.ini, navigate to your Repository section, you will find the entry PasswordE = somevalue, remove the 'E' and type the actual Admin password i.e. Password=Pass1234. Now restart the Import Server once and check the Password entry, it should get converted to PasswordE=Somevalue.

Check the Archive folder, your file should get imported.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should start by checking the Inbound Port's log file (in the Logs directory next to the Ready and Archive ones) -- what does the log say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alon,

I checked the Logs directory as you mentioned and the log showed "Import task is finished." I also compared the log file to those imported successfully and I found out that the lines below does not exist in the log file of the unsuccessful import:

<Timer ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.291 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="451" name="Import Lookup" total="0.518216">1</Timer>

<Timer ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.291 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="452" name="Import Records - Stage 1 - Prepare Import Records" total="5.087272">1</Timer>

<Timer ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.291 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="453" name="Import Records - Stage 2 - Filter/Merge" total="0.030917">1</Timer>

<Timer ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.322 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="454" name="Import Records - Stage 3 [*** Time spent on MDS ***]" total="34.873601">1</Timer>

<Timer ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.322 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="455" name="Import Records - Stage 4 - exception generation" total="0.002834">1</Timer>

<Trace ts="2008/12/16 05:51:09.322 GMT" tid="11084" entry-no="456">Import action: Skip: 0 Create: 0 Updated (NULL fields only): 0 Updated (all mapped fields): 1 Replace: 0 Delete [destination]: 0</Trace>

Could this be the reason for the error? What must be done to resolve this?

Would appreciate more feedback on this.

Thanks in advance!

ADP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alon,

Let me reiterate my first reply. The log file that I found refer to the file that went to the Exception folder (StructuralX). This was generated because the record in BBP_CCM_ITEM has not been deleted when I first try the import.

My problem now are the files that got stuck in the Ready folder. I have no idea why these files fail to get imported.

Regards,

ADP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to import the file manually using Import Manager by using the same map you must have mentioned for the port used in Automatic import. Also check the port status it should not be Blocked. Have to check the MDIS.ini file whether you have given password for Admin user.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I checked the port status and it is indeed Blocked. How will I change this status? Before this port status is Empty.

Thanks,

ADP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to Delete the port and recreate it again. This should solve your problem.

You will not loose any thing if you recreate the port, your mapping will be there.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for replying to my post.

Hi All,

My problem have been solved. I deleted the log files in the Exception folder. Apparently that is the reason why the port was blocked. I tested again after deleting the files and restarting the server and it worked.

ADP