cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI and ECC 6.0 installation in the same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I am given a task of installing BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0 in the same server. Can someone suggest me of what are all the Do's and Don'ts in this scenario and what is the hardware requirements.

Thanks & Regards

Vanitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We already have ECC 6.0 in one server. And the free space remaining is 175GB. Can we install BI in the same server. If Yes, how can we do that. If no why should not we do that. What will be the effect on the current server. Please can anyone explain.

Thanks & Regards

Vanitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For installing BI, you have to install Netweaver.

You already have ECC 6.0 in the System.

As a part of BI system, you will be extracting data from ECC Ssytem and loading in BW System.

Hence if your requireement is like data is loaed in the the BW System every one hour, it will slow down the ECC System.

In future you may need to do some OS patch update, database patch update which is not required in ECC, but it will effect both systems

I have not seen any scenario where OLTP and OLAP System are in the same box

But if you are just doing for learning purpose and you are doing it in your sand box , that should be fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Juan said, no problem installing BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0 in one server.. But dont install BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0 as MCOD as installing OLAP and OLTP schema in one database creates performance issues.

Regards,

Jazz

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anytime!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres no problem in having 2 systems in 1 box... I don't recommend that for a production environment but for DEV, QA is perfectly fine.

For hardware requirements go to http://service.sap.com/pam

Theres lots of info about MCOD, here.

Regards

Juan