cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI: connect external system

0 Kudos

Hi guys, we installed sap xi netweaver 7.1 a few days and still i don't know well each feature. I need your help!

we are also implementing a non sap application for CPM. The platform is tagetik. Now I need transfer data from bw (after a processing) to tagetik database (tagetik run on windows with oracle or sql server database). Now, I was thinking to use XI for transfer file and I need to know if possible to write database table directly from xi to tagetik database. I need some plugin to install in xi?

many thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be Sender Proxy to Receiver JDBC scenario.

You search in SDN and find examples of Sender proxy and receiver JDBC. You will find many of examples which covers BW to PI even.

0 Kudos

ok, now I know something more, many thanks to everyone for answers

fabrizio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for your answer.

Prabhakar, is the correct scenario, you understand well, and i think that we will have a file from bw as input xi.

I have only a question,the first case that you 've suggested (JDBC to JDBC) means always using xi?

thanks again

Fabrizio

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From BW (If SAP system), you should use ABAP Proxy to communicate with the receiver. In case of JDBC to JDBC, you may create some code to pass the data directly (to avoind XI). But this is not a recommended approach. Better approach would be use of XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding of your requirement

From BW after processing you should be able to write to DB.

As i am not Tegetik expert cant suggest if the CPM application will allow you to do so. Check with the expert for this and then decide the sceanrio.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fabrizio,

As per my understanding, You want to Transfer data from BW to DB(tagetik).

In this case you can use JDBC to JDBC or Files to JDBC, if BW can provide you a file as an input to XI .

Thanks

Prabhakar