cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Web Dynpro errror

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP experts,

I have an error while creating ABAP Web Dynpro application.

I have created an Input view with a label and a text field.

However, during activation I get the error

Property "value" of element "INPUT_FIELD" must be bound.

I have tried to create a Binding for this Text field.

Would someone help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Himanshu Limaye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in that view itself we have tab context click that , create any attributes r node there(assign field it is like that of declaration)....

then u come to properties of the i/o field click the button near value so that u will get pop up there u can find fields , from there select the field and bind.....

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Welcome to Web dynpro! In Web Dynpro the data is held at context level in context nodes & attributes. When you place an input field on your layout you need to have a corresponding context attribute to save it to. So go to the context tab of your view and first create a node (say NODE1) and then right click on this node and create an attribute under this. ( say ATTR1) Also make sure that the node properties are set like below:

Cardinality: 1..1 & Selection: 0..1

Then go to your view layout & select your inputField. Now on your right hand side you can see the various properties that you can set for this ui element. You will have a property called, "value". Press on the button at the far right hand side of this property. You will get a popup window showing you the contents of your context node. Double click on the context attribute which we had created earlier (ATTR1) for binding to our input field. Thats it... Your binding for the inputField has been done. Also try go through this [example|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a282c952-0801-0010-1eb5-87953e036712] to check out a basic example by Rich Heilman.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Have you created any node or attribute ? Create a attribute in context node and then bind it.*

Best Regrads,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have created an Input node (Text field)