cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore old sap parameters to minimimize down time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to change some sap instance parameters based on observation thru rz10. Now while restart with the new parameters if SAP shows some error ,

(1) how can I restore old parameters to minimimize down time and start my system again.

(2) What are the necessary precaustions need to be taken before and after the changes.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has really helped me for making changes in the parameters.

Thanks

Atul

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

if you change the profil via RZ10, SAP creates a backup of the old profile.

It is stored under the /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/ named <PROFILE>.BAK

You can copy this back and start your sap system. After that you have to reupload the running profiles to RZ10 to have a consistent state or you activate a old version of the profile.

Regards

Stefan

P.S.: Too late .. Michael was faster )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hehe, but it is always good to have a second opinion, guess you win again next time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) RZ10 creates a backup on the filesystem. Goto your profile dir (/sapmnt/SID/profile on unix) and put back the the .BAK file, then restart your system.

2) Always document your changes (changelog). Test changes on a test system, before you do it on production. Read the corresponding notes, docu. Sometimes it is useful to manually create a copy of your profiles (especially if you do multiple changes), as the BAK file is overwritten everytime.

Regards, Michael

Edit: and hey, if you do change the profiles on the filesystem, then don't forget to import them in RZ10 again.