cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

An end user gets logged off from the system after 2-3 minutes of log in. After that even if he tries to log in from SAPlogon pad it is not letting him in. He has to restart the machine for a relogin.

This is what which could be found out from SAP::

AL08 was showing multiple sessions opened in 000 client. His user id was not showing up, rather they were all opened against his terminal. I killed those sessions from SM04 where it came as if the sessions were accessing the SESSION_MANAGER for the SAP Menu. After ending all the sessions when the user clicked for the login screen nothing came up on his desktop, while AL08 again showed a session in 000 client. He had to restart his machine and do a relogin which worked OK, but again it logged him off after 2-3 minutes giving the error message as u2018Work Process Hold Time exceededu2019 .

Nothing has changed in his machine and he is using SAP daily.

PLease provide your inputs on this

Regards,

Deepanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

You have check on both sides, on the server as well on the local machine.

The user might have installed some program which is blocking the SAPGUI, or is there any kind of special setting done for the userid on the server.

Also is this happening for a single user o all the users.

Try to patch his GUI to the latest level.

Regards

Kaleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaleem,

Thanks for the Prompt reply!

Nothing really on the server side for the user.He is a regular end user and this problem is occuring since yesterday only.

Can you advice what role does 000 client has here?

After all the sessions were ended from SM04 and user clicked on logon pad then there was a session in 000 client.

How come this might be happening ??? You think that autologon file SAP shortcut.exe is playing a spoilsport here ??

Please enlighten!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GUI version are? Are you trying to patch GUI? I'm see situation like this on old 640 gui release with old patch level..

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 000 client after user tryes to login is normal, are this sitution only for one user , or it global problem

("work process hold"?) If global then you need to analyse you system conditions, and logs in sm21 ...

Also are you trying to check WP logs in St11 , after this situation comes for particular WP ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This aint a Global Problem ; it is for a specific user.

U mean that t-code Session_manager is called from 000 client ??? because even after the session were killed in sm04, i cud see some sessions in al08 with 000 client. these were using Session_manager on the same terminal of the user who was facing the issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikant,

I think it's the first abap report which gets executed when you click on the logon button and you get a screen for client, user-id and password, and also the menu that you get is from the same program, this program is also treated as a trx i guess........ as i said have seen not an expert on this.

that's pretty normal, the solution is to apply the GUI patch or reinstall the GUI.

Regards

Kaleem

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI deep,

I thing you have to first check the virus problem for that end user system,

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Dec 20, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I'm not the authority on this but tell you what i have seen, Seniors please correct me if i am wrong.

whenever a user login's to the system, the session_manager report is called from 000 ( donno why ) and if they are any network related or other reason for the session to terminate the user-id will display in sm04 with trx session_manager with client as 000.if that is set as the default client.

Usually ,if the user has installed some unnecessary software, has slow network, windows security patch or if the host entries were not properly maintained this used to happen

You can check the end user system for the above.

The best way is to apply the latest patches for GUI ,if that doesn't work just reinstall the GUI on the local machine

Regards

Kaleem