cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and where to get the correct message size in XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get the message size in bytes in the following stages in SAP XI. Please help me.

1. Message size after adapter engine

2. Message size before entering the integration engine

3. Message size after transformation/mapping in integration engine

I appreciate your input in this regard.

Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Message size after adapter engine

After adapter engine at receiver side, the message is out of XI and you cannot check the size then. At sender side, after adapter engine would mean inside integration engine. You may check it in sxmb_moni trace or Copy the source of payload in notepad, save it as xml and check the size.

2. Message size before entering the integration engine

That means inside adapter engine. You may use RWB -> Performace Monitoring

3. Message size after transformation/mapping in integration engine

This is as 1st case inside integration engine. Use the same method as in case 1.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In RWB->Performance monitoring, i am unable to find the way to know the message size inside the adapter engine. The message size mentioned there is withing integration server, from that, we can't say as to whether that is within the adapter engine.

Please let me know on the same.

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You use the SAP Exchange Infrastructure and display XI messages in the technical monitor (transaction SXMB_MONI). In the SAP List Viewer (ALV) layout, you have copied the "Message Size" field to the display.There you can see the message size in adapter.

follow these notes

Note 1271812 - XI runtime: Total message size in runtime object

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get the message size in the adapter engine using communication channel monitor. The audit log message of the communication will have the message size in bytes. You can also capture the message size using a custom adapter module.

Thanks

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check sizing in Runtime Workbench -> Performance Monitoring

use this similar thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, the above link, gives input on finding the size in integration engine/server.

Also, I need to know as to how to determine the message size of the message which is coming out of the adapter engine (in the case of sender) and going out of the adapter engine (in the case of receiver).

Please help.

Regards

Gopal