cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM 5.3 Error: Client xxx has status 'not modifiable'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are implementing Access Control 5.3. Configuring SPM in the Production environment, when clicking on almost all configuration buttons (Firefighters, Reason Codes, Controllers, Configuration, etc.) a pop up is shown with the following message:

" Client xxx has status 'not modifiable' "

So, given that it is obvious that a production environment would have a 'not modifiable' status, my question is:

Is this behavior correct? Every configuration task that has to be made in SPM (such as assigning a FFId to a Firefighter!!) would have to be done in development and then transported to the other environments??? Are there any configuration tasks that has to be executed in "closed" clients that would avoid this??

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen, thank you for your response.

Following the instructions of Note 1133167 (VIRSANH 530_700 Install / Delta Upgrade on SAP_BASIS 700), we've actually got a message trying to activate the BC Set /VIRSA/VIRSANH_530_700 via transaction SCPR20 in our production environment saying that the activation could not be done in production environments.

So, this activation would have to be done in the dev client and then transported to the rest of the clients in the landscape? Is this the correct procedure after installing the RTA in production environments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

That is right, when you activate the bc-set in Dev it will ask you for a transport number. Just import the same transport into Production and it should fix the issue.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. The activation of the BC sets in SCPR20 and the resulting transport of all workbench and customizing requests for it did not solve this issue. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Bear in mind that the RTA package level must be the same in all environments so that the transport of the BC sets activation have an impact on this issue.

We realized of this, because we had SP 5 for the RTA in DEV environment, but in QA we were still on SP0 and the transport of the activation did no resolved the "status not modifiable" issue. When we updated the RTA in QA and re-transported the BC sets activation, the issue disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

I have the same RTA in all systems (it was installed using the same packages copied from the development system). I've even made our development system closed to modification, activated the BC sets, and tried to modify the Firefighters table, and I still get the client XXX not modifiable in DEV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

You may check this though I am not sure if this is the case-

Goto SE06 in the system - goto system change option- check if software component VIRSANH is in modifiable state.

Goto Namespace Range (same screen) and check if these two are in modifiable status -

/VIRSAFF/

/VIRSANH/

If not please change the status to modifiable.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was resolved by applying the latest support packs to VIRSANH and VIRSAHR.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange issue...I cannot think of anything else to look for.

Perhaps you should try to open a customer message in SAP Marketplace.

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Did you activate all the BC -sets of Virsa after installing the RTA????

Naveen