cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent Setup issue on Pure Java System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Solution Manager Diagnostics for a pure java system, but when I ran the Setup Wizard I had the following errors:

User existence check failed : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : Administrator is not allowed to perform search request

The following J2EE roles were granted to user SMDADMIN : SAP-J2EE-Engine/SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

Failed to get User ID for user with logonname SMDADMIN

!! Exception : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : Administrator is not allowed to perform search request

Failed to assign UME support Roles : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : Administrator is not allowed to perform search request

Failed to assign UME support Roles for XI : SPML service failed to process searchRequest reply : Administrator is not allowed to perform search request

This system is a bit particular because we are using LDAP as a user repository. We ran the same setup on another pure java system which is using UME as a user repository and it ran successfully.

What should be done correct this issue?

Thank you,

Jerome Morignot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome Morignot

Have you created SMD_ADMIN user with the appropriate role in the Managing system. It seems your Agent on Managing system could not communicate to the Managing system.

Pls revert back for further clarifications

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theorically SMDADMIN is created by the setup process itself, but because it was not working we tried to create it ourselves it didn't change anything.

The regular process of the setup wizard is:

from what I understood, Check if SMDADMIN exists, if not then create it otherwise update it...but the initial check is failing.

Thank you,

Jerome