cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC scenario: MATMAS02 (Application document not posted ALE/EDI errors)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am almost ready with with my first File to Idoc scenario and having the following error.

(Idoc of type MATMAS.MATMAS02)

The IDOC will be received on business system B.

Unfortunately the following errors come in tcode BD87 or MM90

Enter a material type

Message no. M3098

No material number transferred

Message no. M3752

Can some one help me to trace and solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

regards

Holger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

You can also use the transaction we05 and provide your Idoc message type, to see the segments and data populated into the idoc fields.

Thanks,

pooja

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the material number (IDOC segment E1MARAM-MATNR) and material type (IDOC segment E1MARAM-MTART) are populated in your receiving system ?

Regards Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks for your response.

How can I check this (tcode, report)?

Thank you!

Holger

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Several options but sinse you already use BD87, browse in BD87 to your MATMAS IDOC, then press the button 'Display IDOC'. Now browse to IDOC segment E1MARAM in your IDOC. That is the first segment in the MATMAS IDOC. You can display the segment content by clicking on the segment. Empty fields are not displayed, so when you the fields MATNR or MTART are missing then these are not filled from your sending SAP system (or not mapped by your middleware solution, not sure you do use).

Best regards Jack

Edited by: Jack Graus on Dec 17, 2008 7:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you r getting problems while creating material master. First try create Material in SAP R3 and use the same data in file to be passed.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack!

This true!

The values of mtart and matnr are missed in the IDOC.

Unfortunately I mapped these attributes from file "MT_Material" to IDOC as follows:

MT_Material MATMAS.MATMAS02

MATNR MATMAS02 --> E1MARAM --> MATNR

The same applies for attribut "MTART"

Do you why this mapping will be ignored?

Many thanks!

regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger,

Grab the file payload from the transaction sxmb_moni and put it in the file to idoc message mapping.

Check if the fields MATNR and MTART are populated on the receiver target structure.

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I corrected the error!

Now the Idoc has the status "yellow" which mean "IDOC ready to be transformed to application".

Is that still an error/warning or is everything is ok?

I mean does some background job started and create a material from this IDoc?

I loooked into tcode MM03 and cannot unfortunately detect any new materials....

kein Filtern , kein Umsetzen , kein Versionswandel .

Message no. B1005

In Log I could find:

IDoc successfully processed in the ALE layer

The IDoc has passed through the ALE layer successfully and can now be passed to the application. This transfer is either done online or as a background job, depending on the settings in the partner profile.

If there are no further status records, the IDoc waits for the next run of the transfer report to the application.

Success or failure when passing the IDoc to the application is documented in the subsequent status records.

Actions in the ALE layer

The parameter 'kein Filtern' indicates whether the processing in the ALE layer led to segments of the inbound IDoc being omitted. The important criteria here are the settings in the segment filter and in the distribution model for this sender.

The parameter 'kein Umsetzen' indicates whether field values were converted in the ALE layer. This is the case if the IDoc contains organizational units to be converted, or if the ALE conversion tool for this sender is activated.

The parameter 'kein Versionswandel' indicates whether the IDoc was converted into an earlier version of the IDoc type. This happens if the IDoc type of the sender is different from its own IDoc type.

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

As indicated by the msg "IDOC ready ..." , idoc is ready but not yet processed. To process the idoc, you can go to the transaction BD87 and process your idocs.

Ideally if in the partner profile , your inbound idoc is configured as "Trigger Immediately" ; the idoc should have process immediately.

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I choose the option "trigger immediately".

When I go to tcode BD87 choose the node and press "process" the following short dump comes up:

Unable to interpret "1,2 " as a number.

CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER

Error analysis

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER', was not

caught in

procedure "E1MARAM_NODATA_FIND" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING

clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

The program attempted to interpret the value "1,2 " as a number, but

since the value contravenes the rules for correct number formats,

this was not possible.

Could some one tell me how to proceed in this case?

many thanks!

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Seems that you are passing "1,2" in an idoc field which is expecting a number value in it.

Check out the field which is containing this value and try to send some numeric number in that field.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I mapped the values in message mapping as follows:

Constant "1" --> "@BEGIN" of IDOC

MT_MATERIAL --> "E1MARAM"

MT_MATERIAL --> "SEGMENT"

Thank you!

regards